Followers

Thursday 24 March 2011

Day 54: The Mumblings of a Cloth Eared Knit Wit (24/03/2011)

It seems like the Google Key Word wheeze worked rather well.

A massive 30 people were fooled into my cunning web of deceit.

Now all I require my mindless drones to do is send non sequential, used bank notes in a brown envelope to the man next door to Rosy Guest House who is shouting incomprehensibly at the geckos. Mind you, if one had fallen on my head during dinner, I would probably feel the same. He looks a bit like Ken Watanabe.

Today we had a truly wonderful day. Possibly a top 5 day ever! We hired two bikes from the guest house and headed into the city traffic. Foolhardy I hear you say? But no, because we had a plan that came off famously. Into the haze we trundled and before long we completed a 25km loop of the temple site, pausing regularly in the monstrous heat to guzzle litres of water. We saw all the temples we needed to yesterday. Today was about a leisurely perambulation, if you can do that on a bike. I thought you should at least have a pram to do it properly.

Oh no, he's coming this way and he's waving something.......Ken, just leave it mate. Its not worth it.

The bikes were great. Chinese imports in 1968 with those high Easy Rider handle bars, a low slung top tube and a chain mechanism under a moulded cover to keep that nasty oil off your oriental flannels. We felt like we were on Grifters. A sprung seat and some generous padding finished the deal. Two dollars a day seemed a steal.

Once we mastered the unexpected wobble, my video camera problem went into its chronic phase. Clare riding past some elephants. Clare riding past some carvings. Clare riding over a rickety wooden bridge. Clare riding the chariot of Shiva across the sky. I made the last one up. Nineteen hours of tape later, not even a peep of complaint from her. Clare that is, not Shiva. I think she secretly likes it. Perhaps Clare bunny hopping the Grifter down the main staircase of the God King's Temple was a shot too far but it was excellent footage, at least until the tourist police intervened and bundled her into a waiting van. Which reminds me, I really ought to go the police station at some stage this evening. I hear Cambodian jails are have taken a turn for the worse since privatisation. You don't even get cable, especially if you are a political prisoner. Well, you do. Just not that type of cable.

I digress. Ken's back and its not looking pretty. It was okay while he was just shouting but then he turned nasty and started singing. Smiley, the guest house manager currently has him in a Cambodian thumb squeeze.

Excruciating apparently.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Tim...keep it up (I should be revising so make them long and plentiful)

    ReplyDelete